- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken into a small baking pan. Rub with olive oil. Mix the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper together and sprinkle over chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and continue roasting to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 40 minutes more. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
- Original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Rapid-Roast-Chicken/