- 3/4 pounds Penne Pasta
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 3 TBL Butter
- 1 whole onion (I used half an onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley – to taste
- Fresh basil – to taste (I don’t use basil, not always a big fan of it)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the penne pasta until al dente.
- Peel, devein and rinse (use cool water) 1 pound of extra large shrimp. Heat about 1 TBL butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add shrimp and cook for a couple minutes until just opaque.
- Do not overcook shrimp. Remove from heat and let cool. When cool to touch, place on chopping board and cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Finely dice one small onion. Mince two cloves of garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 TBL of butter and 2 TBL olive oil. Add garlic and onion and saute, stirring occasionally.
- When the onion is translucent, add the white wine (you can use chicken broth instead).
- Add your 8 oz can of plain tomato sauce. Stir well until combined. Add 1 cup of heavy cream. Continue stirring. Turn heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Chop the parsley and basil (remember the herbs are to taste)
- Add herbs and shrimp to tomato cream sauce. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Add penne pasta and stir.
Source : 99cooking.com