Prep Time 15 min
Total Time 35 min
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- pint (2 cups) mango sorbet, softened
- pint (2 cups) strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 1/2
- cups whipping cream
- cup powdered sugar
- teaspoon grated lime peel
- tablespoons lime juice
Garnish, if desired
- Lime peel twists
- Fresh strawberries
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 15x10x1-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; spray waxed paper.
- 2Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour into pan. Bake 21 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; remove waxed paper. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal sections. On long serving platter, place 1 section, rounded side down. Spread mango sorbet evenly over top. Place another cake section onto the sorbet; press down. Spread with strawberry sorbet. Top with remaining cake section; press down. Cover lightly; freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
- 4In large bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost sides and top of torte. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Just before serving, garnish top with lime peel and strawberries. To serve, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut torte in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise 7 times to make a total of 16 slices.