Prep Time: 35min
Total Time: 1hr10min
- package Betty Crocker® pie crust mix
- cup cold water
- cup sugar
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- cups thinly sliced peeled apples (3 large)
- tablespoon butter or margarine
- Additional sugar
- 1Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crust mix as directed for 9-Inch Two-Crust Pie, using 1/3 cup cold water--except trim overhanging edge of bottom pastry 1 inch from rim of plate.
- 2Stir together 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Add apples; toss. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- 3Roll remaining pastry; cut into 10 strips, each about 1/2 inch wide. Place 5 strips across filling in pie plate. Weave a cross-strip through by first folding back every other strip of the first 5 strips. Continue weaving, folding back alternate strips before adding each cross-strip, until lattice is complete. Trim ends. Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over ends of strips, building up a high edge. Seal and flute. Brush lightly with milk; sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
- 4Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is bubbly.
Serve pie with warm caramel topping.